Develop the 8 proven tactics to become a coach that leads with communication, connection and influence.
WHAT SEPARATES THE GREAT HEAD COACHES?
As coaches, I have no doubt that you have had your fair share of players that disregard your tactics on match day and have had to manage conflict within your team.
Over the years of coaching I have had the pleasure of supporting some of the the worlds elite Head Coaches including Roy Hodgson, Mark Hughes, Martin Jol and Ange Postecoglu. All of these coaches had differing attributes as people and approaches to how they connected with their players on an individual level. As a young coach learning my trade this provided invaluable experience as to how and why they managed situation at times the way they did.
A recent study suggested that the worlds leading Head Coaches demonstrated the highest levels of emotional intelligence. The role of a Head Coach has evolved and the importance of possessing the ability to recognise and understand personal moods, emotions and what motivates your players has become the forefront of being a leading coach.
I'D LIKE TO SHARE A STORY WITH YOU.
In 2006 I was employed as an intern at Fulham Football Club. It was within six months that I found myself promoted to a full-time role within the first team set up as fitness coach.
So, just imagine it, 24 years old, no elite playing profile to gain the instant respect from the senior playing group and the Manager Chris Coleman at the time. I had to work hard. And by hard I mean, I was the first into the training ground and one of the last to leave, and my role was so diverse as it included on field delivery to the playing group, to strength and conditioning and injury prevention programming to recovery and late stage rehab, you name it, I was involved!
It was the best grounding to the elite environment I could have hoped for on the day I decided to leave Melbourne with the intention of working in the English Premier League.
All of my football education has been in England with the England Football Association. Fulham Football Club invested heavily into my education by putting me through my UEFA Coaching Courses, however one thing that stood out to me at the time was that all of the football specific education was centred around the technical and tactical side of the game. And don’t get me wrong, this was invaluable, as was working and observing managers like Roy Hodgson, Martin Jol and Mark Hughes from a practical perspective on a daily basis.
HOW WAS I GOING TO GET THEM TO DO WHAT I WAS ASKING?
The challenge was that I needed a point of difference – being a good coach was not enough at this level. And that is where my focus on human behaviour and sport psychology really gripped me! I spent years studying sport psychology and Neural Linguistic Programming to help me understand the athlete on a deeper level.
I was determined. I wanted to develop the skill set of managing high-profile players, how to build a connection with them to motivate and influence whilst building a trustworthy relationship.
I then put into place the theoretical learning that I had searched for into practice. For years I spent dealing with players with the tactics I had learned centred around behavioural profiles and identifying athletes learning styles to maximize the impact I was having on them. I did see a massive change in my delivery technique and the reaction I was getting from the athletes was huge! I noticed a higher level of compliance, stronger connections had been established with the individual and the results in training and on match day were a reflection of the positive influence in performances.
What challenges do coaches face?
How many apply to you?
- You get frustrated at that lack of energy and focus from under achieving players.
- You overthink conflict and are concerned with the outcome when it occurs.
- You believe you have players that can’t execute a game plan.
- You really struggle with dealing with players whose standards are not at the expected level.
- You consistently ask yourself why can’t they do what I’m asking.
- You find it difficult to connect with certain players within your group.
what happens when you develop these skills?
When you are able to communicate, connect and influence your athletes regularly you will begin to see the difference in the performance outcomes.
What's your point of difference as a coach?
By developing the skills required to communicate, connect, motivate and influence you will recognise that it’s the foundation of any successful coaching career.
It will support you in being able to;
- Create an environment where players and staff are happy, and committed.
- Optimise the performance of your players through high levels of compliance and respect.
- Understand what your players need to feel empowered and inspired to perform.
- Deliver your message with clarity to ensure maximum impact and learning outcomes.
- Reignite the individual passion for the under-performing player.
- Manage conflict with efficiency and achieve a positive outcome.
- Connect with the ego so the player aligns with the agreed behaviours and club’s values.
- Understand the player's purpose and drive.
- Manage conflict with coaching staff and club administrators.
- Demonstrate the ability to reduce the unwanted emotion within the environment to decrease potential conflict.
unlock the key to coaching
To create a sustainable relationship with your players and staff you need to become aware of the importance of the following key areas;
Having the ability to relate to other people, provide valuable support and guidance.
Be ahead of the game by being aware of the social feeling amongst the group.
Select the right technique and style that the situation requires.
COACHING WITH INFLUENCE
In this course, Coaching With Influence provides a learning opportunity to gain clarity on how we can influence behaviours, increase standards and player accountability, whilst obtaining a trusting connection with your players and staff.
Your course is divided into eight modules, each packed with practical and academic learning opportunities.
Learn about the advanced behavioural model that can help you gain a clear understanding of your athletes and how to connect with them;
- Explore the behavioural chart model and personality traits that you will face amongst your squad.
- How these behavioural profiles can help you solve problems in your coaching environment or improve player outcomes.
- Gain an understanding of the types of behaviours, characteristics and how they adapt during pressurised situations.
- How to effectively recognise the difference between the natural and adjusted behavioural profile.
- How to recruit your squad with behavioural balance.
Understand the relevance of individual learning style and how you can maximize your impact with your players and staff.
- Learn the 5-step model to influence the ability to learn and execute with precision and confidence.
- Develop the skills to influence the relationship between coach and player by implementing the 4-step relationship building method.
Learn how to connect with your players and understand staff by clearly recognising the individual learning styles.
- Learn how to create connections with your players by specific targeted messaging strategies.
- Maximize your impact in the little time you have with your athletes to educate them on their role within the team.
Attain the tactics to communicate effectively with belief and poise.
- Using my strategies and understanding how to communicate with the player behavioural style.
- Gain trust with your players with clear and concise messaging.
- Develop the tactics to manage the dressing room via communication skills.
Acquire tactics that can help create and support respectful and trustworthy relationships.
- Develop the skills to adapt your behaviour to your player's behavioural profile.
- Learn the technique of how to create strong trusting relationships by building a positive rapport.
- Hit the mark with clear feedback strategies.
Discover how to identify what the needs of your players and staff are to remain motivated and effectively implement the techniques with confidence.
- Gain insight into the types and styles of motivation you can implement into your coaching styles.
- Learn the 3 key fundamental tactics to motivate your athletes for positive outcomes.
- Become aware of what tactic will suit the current situation and how to deliver the message to inspire change and positive performance.
- Learn how to master motivation by individualizing your ability to motivate the player's behavioural profile. Here you will gain valuable knowledge of the do’s and dont’s to motivate behavioural profiles.
- My top 5 tips to motivate your athletes from my extensive experience in elite football and youth development.
Learn how to develop the relevant influence tactics that can support relationships and connection whilst achieving the outcome you are looking for.
- Learn the tactics involved in influencing your players in a positive way.
- Establish your trademark style to being a coach influencer.
- Develop your pre/half-time and post-match meeting structure by implementing the 9 influencing techniques in order to create a cohesive and power team mentality.
- Become a head coach that can impact the board, committee and fans to gain trust, respect and credibility.
Acquire the skills of how to provide effective and specific feedback to the individual and group with a strategic approach.
- Learn the keys to implementing an effective feedback session into your coaching program.
- Develop a clear strategy for feedback to ensure your approach is centred around development and not emotion.
- Apply the skills to engage your players and create an environment that they want to share knowledge about the performance whilst you are capturing valuable information to improve standards and level of performance.
you also get access to these bonuses
Learning Style Assessment
Season Vision & Commitments
Strengths & Weakness Analysis
Performance Feedback Framework
Behavioural Profiles Workbook
Communicating With Purpose Framework
Learn how to Identify Stress
Top 5 Ways to Master Motivation
a summary of what you'll get
High quality videos are instantly ready for you to watch once you enrol, so you can jump right into the learning modules.
Bonus assessments and workbook to ensure you have access to the information you require when you need it the most.
Private Student group
Connect with other students in the Identity Pro Coach HQ and discuss relevant topics and network for future coaching opportunities.
what are your course payment options?
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions before joining?
No problem I have answered our most frequent questions below to help you with your enrolment decision.
Are the lessons inside the course pre-recorded
The lessons inside this course are pre-recorded so that you can start the course and work through the modules at your own pace. There is no need to show up at a specific time, you will be able to login and start watching at what time suits you best.
When does the course start?
Instantly! As soon as you enrol, you will get access to the course.
What if I fall behind?
Coaching With Influence comes with lifetime access so you can take a break from the learning modules and it will be here for you when you return.
What will I need to watch the modules inside the course?
To view the modules you will require an internet connection to stream the videos, you then can access the course on any device including a desktop computer, tablet and mobile.
Do you offer a payment plan?
You have the option to break up your investment into two or four payments.
Do you offer group licences for teams?
We offer team discounts for groups of 5+ people looking to join the course together.
Please get in contact with me at firstname.lastname@example.org, ensure you include your club details and number of coaches members you’d like to register and their full names and email addresses.
Would I benefit from this course if I'm not a coach, however my role involves leading staff?
There is no doubt! Coaching With Influence students include professionals from the corporate and private sector that have benefited from the skills and tactics included in the course. The learning modules can be applied to ensure you improve your capacity to communicate and create a motivated environment.